Saturday, January 21, 2006

Fort Douglas - a lesson for today

More than once I have arranged the pixels upon my monitor, and your's perhaps, to enumerate all the areas whereupon the History Channel could improve the quality of their programming. Last night was not a night were the History Channel needed improvement.

'80 Acres of Hell', a program regarding the Union prison camp in Illinios was a frightening lesson. One that reinforced all those concepts that we should have learned as a people by now. I believe the value of this program can be outlined as follows:

I recommend this program to everyone as a helluva'n educational example. Set your DVR's.

Comments:
Oh yes, the wierd puntuation from "the other place".

By the way, I tagged you for one of those stupid survey things. mwhahahahahahahaha
 
I dont know... Something like this has about the same amount of impact on me as, say, the crusades. Plenty of people died and it sure makes for interesting reading/television, but it really doesnt affect me on any deep emotional level. The way I figure it, is that anything not in my lifetime or the lifetime of those that affect me doesnt have huge impact on my daily life (with a few exceptions). I more like to focus on the atrocities that are happening now.
 
I appreciate proditio comment. I've often advocated the notion that violence and emotionally tragic events have circles of influence. Those who are closest have the greatest influence, but even something like 9/11 might only be ripples on the lake by the time it gets to suburban Minnesota white boyz. Time also has an affect.
 
Looking for information and found it at this great site... » » »
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?