Sunday, April 16, 2006

Merry Easter!

No time to blog today. Off to hang with my brother and his darling daughter, then off to the family's get-together. Holidays are swell.

Sure am glad I'm an atheist, the church parkinglot accross the street is overflowing with theists representing the entire spectrum of piety. What a good time, being jammed into a building with a bunch of other folks while some preacher lectures ya on how you should be in this building every weekend, not just on Christmas and Easter. Combine that with a bunch of middle-age haus-fraus chatting too loudly with their companions about how they are here every week and blah, blah, blah. . .

I'm off to socialize, and try to engage my extended family on a variety of topics; except, Politics, Religion, The Nature of Reality, The Media, The Economy, or Why I'm Still Single.

See ya on the other side.

Comments:
that sounds like my family reunions..except that is what they want to talk about and i end up going nuts and telling them how i REALLY feel and then they go off and pray for me...happy easter bunny
 
Ugh! Churches on holidays are awful! So glad I don't have to deal with that stuff.

Yes, the parents will adapt. Actually, my step-mom pretty much takes care of my father's meals, etc already, it is the problem of keeping his stubborn ass from doing things that she will have to fight. He will be like a little kid, "but I want to mow the lawn." "No, you can't mow the lawn," etc. etc.

Yes, 98 fucking degrees in April. Actually, the weather pixie says it is 100 degrees. Whatever. Once it gets over 95 degrees, it doesn't matter anymore. It is too hot to go outside without melting.
I've been to MN before in January. First time in my life I've ever felt -40 below wind chill. Don't ever care to feel it again. I must remember that on 98 degree days.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?