Saturday, April 01, 2006

My letter to Senator Norm Coleman

Dear Honorable Senator:

My email is in regards to the efforts of the democratic Senator from Wisconsin to censure the President of the United States for his sundry criminal acts. Dispite the fact that Mr. Bush has an approval rating that is at an all time low and continuing to trend downward, and recent polls place support for a censure at over 25% amongst your own party, the moderate and ethical members of leadership still appears to find this issue anathema.

Mr. Bush's spying program concerns me. It seems like every day I hear of another group that has been warned about what they say in public, or revelations that another religious group has been infiltrated by federal spys. As one example, the revelation that the Quakers have been spyed upon with such vigilance in the last few years. A small percentage of the cargo that enters our ports is checked for radioactive material, but the F.B.I has the resources to send undercover agents to monitor the fucking Quakers!?!

As their religious movement has been fervishly devoted to pacifism for the entire history of our nation, perhaps they should be somewhere lower on the list of homeland security threats.

These spying actions, such as the video taping of every latino protester, are obviously designed to supress dissent, not protect anybody.

In addition, Mr. Bush's expansion of the use of 'signing statements' as when he decided he had to support the changes to the Patriot Act or Senator McCain's anti-torture legislation, but then signed a statement after making each bill law that made it clear he felt he could ignore key parts of said laws if it contradicted his views on 'national security.' These signing statements are a clear mockery of the seperation of powers.

Thankyou sir, for your time. This is Liberty vs. tyranny; whenever one decides to dig their heels in and fight - that decision is America. Personally, I see you as a politician whose main concern lies in personal advancement and the quid pro quo exchange of favors for contributions. Still, you took an oath to uphold the constitution, maybe that means something to you.

Sincerly,

---


Now I know in my heart of hearts that Mr. Coleman will never see this letter. Even if he did, he's not going to pay any attention. Letter writing is only one small part of the progressive movement, but it's the part I'm more good at.

Comments:
If it is as claimed, you should have an examplery democracy in the USA. However, the more I read sites such as this one the more I get convinced that it ain't working as planned.

Your frustration seems to be shared, according the poll numbers, an ever increasing number of your fellow Americans. Yet there seems to be a diddly squat you can do about it, at least in a legisletative or political way. Some kind of grass roots movement perhaps would be in order but I can't see it coming any time soon. Very odd, though.
 
wish i could remain calm enough to write such great letters....mine always start out..."Dear Dickhead"...and end with "Fuck you very much"...
 
Just wondering if your tinfoil hat fits properly? If not I have a fine line of tinfoil lined hats and caps that will be guaranteed against any government mental intrusion or your money back if they don't fry your brain to the point where you forget where you put the receipt or if they don't get to you to the point where you don't realize that they are getting to you or if you suddenly realise that you are really nuts and the hat don't work because there is no plot to get you because you are insignificant and nobody cares about you and your ego has led you down a path of idiocy.

Starting at $5.99 (plus $30.00 S&H)
 
Prying1, that's the weakest comment that has ever been left on one of my blogs. (I used to be on blogster, so that's saying something.) I'm so un-inspired that I don't feel like deleting you, or even going to your website and seeing what you fill your site with.

If you do come back here to read any replys, let me throw you a bone here. Obviously, you want a response, so in the future don't just wax on with your schitck - try including just one example from my postings that might qualify as schizo. . . Is it my insinuation that the F.B.I has agents infiltrating the New England Quakers as agent provaceteurs? Maybe you can score points by taking my sardonic, egotistical comments out of context?

My friend C- has made an artform out of 'throwing someone's words back at them.' Trust me, it fucking works. Good luck in your future agitations.
 
I totally agree with you, and especially about how Norm doesn't care. He's a party guy. and I don't mean the fun kind.
(I'm in St. Cloud, so I have to put up with that asshat too.)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?