Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Evags, please keep your perversions private






I've decided to get back to my roots here at Atheist Seeker. A little less random thoughts and morose observations on the nature of introspection, a little more stick'n it to the gawd fearing man. After all, I'd say that next to voluntarily lowering our planet's human population, more people growing out of fundamentalist religion would be the best thing we could ever do for our subsequent generations.

It's like it is with any substance abusers. If some people still are willing to interact with them and make-believe that a case of beer per night is perfectly normal, the drunk will continue to repeat the behavior. The friends and family that turn a blind eye are known as 'enablers.' They're support structure probably keeps the booze hound alive, but until they withdraw that support he may never see the situation he's in for what it is.

I'm determined not to be an enabler for fundamenatalist, bullshit-based, emotionally perverse, evagelikalism.

Those poor fuckers are hurting themselves and hurting America. I'm not going to pretend they're christian. I'm not going to pretend they are rational. I'm not going to pretend that they are patriotic. I'm fucking sick and tired of having to hold my tongue when they indulge in the most disgusting acts of self-gratification in public. Think about the children!

Evags need to connect the dots between public 'prayer' and public masturbation. There is nothing wrong with masturbation, just like there is nothing inherently wrong with prayer; society just prefers that you do it privately and keep your JPD number (jackoffs per day) to yourself. We don't want to see it in public, we don't want our emotionally and sexually immature children exposed to it.

Masturbation and evag prayer have everything in common. The only fucking difference lies in the specific organs stimulated. Masturbation became a part of human existence as a by-product of a highly successful mammal trait: intense pleasure release upon . . . release. Evolution predicts that those who possess this trait to a strong degree are more motivated to bust a nut, thus more likely to carry on the trait to the next generation of players. Similarily, our evolutionary environment has rewarded groups with strong social bonds. The human trait whereby emotional pleasure can be released by group activities has been honed by the same conditions that fondle our nuts during orgasm. Groups that possessed this social/emotional trait were held together more strongly than others; in a harsh world the loners and the anti-social often fail to reproduce.

The fact that you can release endorphins and enhance your sense of community with the use of public displays of ritual does not impress me.

It is an obvious factor in human fucking existence. If one stimulates themselves with sexual material and manipulate the tubesnake, pleasure will result. If one stimulates themselves with emotional or 'spirtual' material and engages in behavior like chanting or appealing to a diety, pleasure and a sense of belonging will result. Prayer, just like banging the bishop, won't release endorphins unless you really put your whole heart into it.

I've never done a circle jerk, but I imagine that having multiple participants - if it didn't weird you out, but that's a differnt thing all together - would only enhance the release of pleasure.

I wonder if that many evags have ever thought about it in this way? There is nothing magical or divine about the pleasure one can feel either in the community of a singing congregation or the novelty and excitement of 'preaching the word' on a street cornor. We know that, aside from a tiny fraction of the human population over the last hundred years or so, life on this planet has been fucking hard for homo sapiens. That tightly knit groups tended to survive better should not fucking surprise anybody. That one can feel a sense of community and well being through various public rituals and displays should not amaze anybody. Indeed, what would be fucking amazing is if it did not.

From chanting African natives to kneeling Catholic nuns, all across this immense planet and throughout time, folks have been stimuating their emotional senses and enjoying their release. It is a perfectly understandable behavior, just as masturbation is a completely understandable behavior. What it doesn't require is a supernatural being to release that pleasure, and the fact that it makes you feel good does not prove a fucking thing regarding the 'truth' to your belief system.

I would think that members of the fucking 'just say no,' generation would understand that just because something feels good does not mean it leads to truth and understanding. Give me a collection of Christopher Reeve's DVDs, a vial of crack cocaine, and temporary leave of my morality, and I could convince any fucking evag that they were the son of Krypton. This realization would leave them feeling fucking great, like Tom Cruise jumping on a couch great, and they'd be filled with unstoppable might - right up to the edge of the skyscraper. Reality don't fucking care how good your beliefs make you feel.

So to conclude, I wish that evags would keep their private emotional masturbations private. I don't want to have to see guys going out on a date with Rosey Palm and her five sisters when I get on the train. I don't want to see folks engaging in pathetically simplified emotional rituals in a public park. If I want to see a sex show, I'll fucking go to Amsterdam. If I want to see a prayer show, I'll walk into one of those 'churches' that looks more like a warehouse.

Some of us want a world where our children grow up and use the behaviors of social pleasure release to form bonds accross religious and ethnic lines. Not some weak ass bullshit that reinforces religious bonds. Cuz what the dumb fucking theists never admit to themselves is this: everybody is not going to eventually come around and join your fucking take on religion. If it hasn't happened in five thousands years of war, genocide, and now mass media, it ain't gonna fucking happen. So stop pretending that jacking off with your fellow evags means something special, and start jacking off with the rest of us. Now there's a fucking concept with the ring of truth - if there is one thing that's true about all humans everywhere, we're all just a bunch of jack offs.







Comments:
i think we would all be better off if people did masturbate instead of pray.
 
Unfortunately, as soon as you compared Evags to a bunch of crack addicted masterbators, you lose any objectivity you had. Any Evag isnt going to read on, or at the very least is going to read on only to pick appart your statement, so you are really just "preaching to the choir" as the ironic saying goes.

Anger, I understand, but if you are trying to get a point across to anyone besides those that already agree with you, you have to at the very least try.
 
Proditio,

I figure most evags have already blocked my site, or they quickly turn away at the combination of Vugarometer & Atheist Seeker.

I go to christian forums and try to find other ways to reach out to those poor souls with my atheist ministry. Perhaps I am just spinning my wheels, but I'm doing something. Something that I think I'm kinda good at, and just doing something helps me find peace.

Perhaps some evags can be saved with honey words and gentle compassion. I think others of that ilk need the shake up of a good verbal assault.

Thanks for all the groovy comments.
 
Welcome back!!!
 
"form bonds accross religious and ethnic lines"

acCross?
 
I LIKE TO READ THE COMMENTS ON YOUR BLOG....
PEOPLE ACTUALLY USE (SIC)...LEO IS MY HERO AND YOU ACTUALLY SAID THE WORD GROOVY...IF I REALLY WANT TO MAKE MY RELIGIOUS COUSINS CRAZY..WHEN THEY ASK ME IF IM BORN AGAIN..I SAY NO..I DID IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME...BUT I DIDNT..IM A PAGAN...THEY ARE STILL PRAYING FOR ME
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?