Friday, July 28, 2006

Aurelius Returns





In Minnesota the last three weeks it has been fucking hot! Not just the kind of wind oven temperatures that one in the South West grows accustom too, but the nasty ass 90 degrees and 90% humidity that leeches the calcium from your bones and chemically breaks down the testosterone in your sac. We are talking about some serious heat.

Aurelius be the terminus of a fascinating variety of European stock. German, Bohemian, Norwegian, Irish, and French - all regions with a deep, spiritual love of the drink, but not regions that traditionally tolerate intense heat. Give me 18" of snow and white out conditions, my Nordic blood revels in the conflict between man and nature. 101 degree heat index - I just want to sleep in front of the Air Conditioner.

This heat has put me into something of a Heat Coma. I just work, sleep and watch T.V. I'm intrigued by how much a person's habits can be changed by a slight change in temperature.


Also, I've decided to cut my relationship with Blog Mad.

I dig the notion of an association that garners more traffic for my blog, but someone needs to realize that the 1:1 ratio will fail once the community reaches a critical mass. With enough people surfing, you could never keep up with the hits that your site will accumulate. Plus, they just kept fucking up over there - I got locked out again a few weeks ago and that was just the end for me.

Almost all bloggers want to have a huge number of folks who read their stuff and leave comments about how great they are. I think I'm a fairly profiecient blogger, but I'll have to find new ways to promote myself that don't involve wading through hundreds of sites devoted to T.V. shows, teenage angst (nothing wrong with that, just been there - done that), and donation seeking devotionals. Anyways.


Hope everyone out here in Blogland has been having a good summer!


Comments:
Welcome back. The heat fucking bites.
Crap, I was starting to give away all my blogmad credits. I don't use them because I don't like but a few people reading my blog, so I removed my blogs off there and haven't surfed in awhile.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?