Sunday, July 30, 2006

A New Front in the Spiritual War





My heart leapt this morning as I finished off my morning coffee and stumbled across this in the New York Times. The story hails from Maplewood, my close neighbor here in Minnesota, and that makes things all the more interesting. The recent history of an Evangelical Minister who has lost about 20% of his flock, but continues to preach against the Christianization of American Politics, saying things that have been on my lips for five years now.

Please go read the article. This is a big event.

Comments:
Wow. That's pretty cool. I really liked this part...
"America wasn’t founded as a theocracy,” he said. “America was founded by people trying to escape theocracies. Never in history have we had a Christian theocracy where it wasn’t bloody and barbaric. That’s why our Constitution wisely put in a separation of church and state."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?