Friday, September 29, 2006

Go Twins!

I'm well aware that the masters of Major League Baseball control all the rights to their broadcasts, and that even written descriptions of the game can be a violation of their copyrights if I do not possess their written permission. I don't know why they would want to stop a lowly blogger from adding a small posting of kindling to the bonfire of Twins Mania in our culture, but their rights are their rights.

I am vulgar from time to time; that was nigh Bert Blyleven's downfall.

Suffice to say, a certain man with sideburns that would make Jesus jealous came through for his team with a two out, two strike homer in the eighth to keep the door open for the Twins to win the game! Our Twins have had an incredible season, with a great roster of surprisingly talented and highly motivated players.

Like two exhausted gladiators in the blistering sun of the city's arena, the Twins and the Tigers have three more games to struggle against each other (vicariously through the White Sox and the Royals) as they claw at the Division Title. There can be only one.

I just hope none of our players gets hurt in the run up to the post season.

Win or Lose, I'm a big fan of a team that plays the sort of baseball that you can't walk away from. Flip on the game, and soon I find myself standing in the living room with an empty beer - too engrossed in the game to take fifteen seconds to reload.

Comments:
i'll be cheering for the A's. the spirit of charlie o'finlay visited me a few years ago.

one of the saddest days in my life was when i lost my oakland lapel pin, an elephant with a bat in its trunk. it looked just like ganesh.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?