Sunday, November 05, 2006

Grr





So we have less than two days until the vote starts a rock'n, and I've got to say that my own personal contribution has been kinda lame. C- and I went to a fund raiser for Al Franken's Midwest Values PAC, and I finally became a financial supporter of our local community radio station, but other than that I've been coasting . . .

I suppose I could dwell on the positive, make excuses about how swell my opportunities are at the new job and how I had to take the time to put myself first as 'gawd helps those who help themselves' and all that rot. Maybe I indulged a bit too much in the general apathy that preaches about how there's just nothing that we can do.

I never re-joined with the local activists that had demoralized me with their immature ineffectiveness. I never knocked on any doors. I didn't print out any of the great zingers of a bumper sticker that pop into my head, to stick on my new truck and start changing the world. Never even got around to bringing up the election with my family when we had a dinner last night.

I just got to take a step back and get serious about this sort of thing. Take some responsibility.

We bloggers never have any trouble ripping into others and finding who to blame. I'm still down on evangelicals who support fascism from the cult-like idiocacy of their 'christian' media bubble, and I'm not going to let the Baby Boomers off the hook for being too selfish.

If enough folks vote against the current power structure on Tuesday and the threat of Bush be forced to slink back into the shadows, great. Never will so many have done just the bare minimum to preserve their own damn liberty.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?