Saturday, November 18, 2006

Jesus Camp, oh bother

Later today I'm slated to catch a showing of that newish documentary 'Jesus Camp' which features, amongst many disturbing images, a scene of young children fanatically praying to a cardboard cut-out of President Bush.

I'm not sure why I'm going. I can't see how any combination of images could make me any more radical of an atheist. I've pretty much been backed into the cornor by the 'New Atheists', forced to admit that whatever good some christian groups might contribute to the world, utilitarianism cannot be satisfied. Terrorists and propagandists can swim in the ocean of 'moderate' christians with imputiny. It is time for rational americans to take a big step forward and throw off the rediculous shackles of bronze age beliefs.

Honestly, can any amount of molestation by a priest be worse than getting totally indoctrinated at a camp that borrows tactics from the fundamentalist jihadi schools and the Hitler Youth?

I expect to be fully enraged at what's being done to bright-eyed white kids in the next state by sundown. grr.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?