Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Under construction

Aurelius would like to inform his last few visitors that he's been working on Atheist Seeker V 2.0.

Hopefully, we'll have something new and cool to have up by the first of the new year.

I'd like to focus my blog, so that I can also focus my thoughts. I don't think I want to have a myspace site, with all the trivia about what the inside of my bathroom looks like (it's bright fucking hello, and cozy) A blog site that people might come to for a reason, not because they have stumbled across it before and were momentarily amused. Click, amuse me again; a focused site that focuses on a few topics.

And like, some of these stories I've been reading about the crazy fundamentalists again are really causing me so hurt. Jesus Camp, the recent Mac Hammond article in my own local City Pages - my formor employer is a member of this guy's megachurch. I've been to a Christmas pagent within that edifice in the last two years . . .

I'm just becoming more and more concerned by the varieties of theism that I'm seeing in my daily life. Crazy, fundamentalist types who cannot be reasoned with and will not accept compromise.

They are a serious threat that has surfaced time and time again. Revival after motherfucking revival. There are many treatments, but only one cure. Atheism.

The mormon got into an intimidation display when I told him I was on an Atheist Ministry.

"Do you know the definition of ministry? It means to tell people about Gawd."

I'm concerned enough about these fundamentals and their suffering to want to do something more than I do, and I want to use my mildly amusing capacities as a writer to try to drive my blog in a direction that challenges them - that helps spread the salve of atheism.

There is a political aspect to atheism too. The skepticism and critical thinking which both invoke and demand atheism never dull once that responsible state is reached. An atheist cannot help but have a much more nuanced and realistic view of the world than what, unfortunately, has become the norm. Plus, once one accepts that they are a conscious animal, of the species homo sapiens sapiens, they must therefore conclude that each other member of our species is more like them than not. Thus, being killed is a bad thing for them. The tragedy of mortality is understanding what it means when a computer is off and her hard disk be decomposing.

I want a new stance, less vulgaromic blowhard and more anti-baptist to the rising anti-christianism in the hearts of everyone.

Anyhoo. Hopefully by the new year. A new Atheist Ministry. Maybe only weekly or bi-weekly postings, but consistent and contentful. I'm not done with this media.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?