Sunday, January 21, 2007

Just some random thoughts

Now that Hillary's 'in to win,' I can't help but fixate on a much better way to select a president in this fucked up country . . . lotto. Every four years we have a lottery to select a handful of cantidates from amongst the wealthy, white male population (just kidding) , then they have a few debates and we go push buttons on diebolt machines. Seems to me that a thirty-something pot dealer could run this country just about as well as anyone, and what they may lack in 'insider' connections, they would more than make up for with the fact that lack 'insider connections.'

Instead of having spent the last few decades on the board of directors of Wal-mart, a cantidate selected by lotto may actually have some insight into what the fuck is going on in this country. Might think of America's citizens as friends and human beings, rather than as disposable labor capital or as a market for cheap foreign goods.

Hell, in Minnesota we had Jesse 'The Body' Ventura for governor, and he proved you don't have to be a formor lawyer or CEO to understand how government worked.

Fuck, nobody could do a worse job than Mr. Bush is doing in office.

I had a dream about him last night. For whatever reason I got caught up in a crowd that was waiting to see his majesty walk by on his way to do 'hard wurk.' Instead of cheering, the crowd broke out into an old rally cry I recall from my highschool days, when the hometeam was getting clobbered - 'E! For Effort! Show show some Effort!' I woke up waiting for the Secret Service to open fire on the crowd. . .

So I've been doing more reading and fiction writing than blogging (even my bold new Anti-Ministry hasn't been getting the weekly updates I forsaw.) I'm thinking this site will now be for these quick little ranting ditties - and I've got to get out and read what me peeps are up to more too. One can spend too much time on the internet; real life takes time too.

Stay groovy.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?